Top six reasons to sell your house in December
- 1 Inventory is low. There is a myth that homes don’t sell this time of year, so fewer homes are on the market. We still have plenty of buyers, and these buyers are finding themselves in multiple offer situations! The buyers are loosing out because of too many offers.
- 2 There are fewer homes on the market right now in the popular $250,000 – $350,000 price range. We have many buyers searching in that range right now.
- 3 Many homes are nicely decorated for the holidays. Holiday smells and decorations are very inviting to people looking at homes. It helps them to imagine living there.
- 4 Kids are out of school, and the buyer can see children out playing. It gives life to the neighborhood.
- 5 Less competition for your home. This is really a repeat of reason #1, but it is the most important. You can compete against many homes in the spring and summer, or compete against fewer homes in the winter. People still need to buy homes at each season of the year.
- 6 In Charleston, it is actually better weather for house hunting when the temperature is cooler. Our fall and winter is quite comfortable. Our summers are hot and sticky. Just something to think about!
So, to review: If you are planning on selling your home soon, now is better than later. People are out looking at homes, and the inventory is low. Houses are getting multiple offers, which is good for the seller. Give me a call, or send me a private message if you want to learn more. I can give you tips for getting your home ready for the market, as well as give you an idea of the value of your home.